Hello, friends welcome to Wikiblogon. Today in this post we are going to give you information about the former Jharkhand Governor Droupadi Murmu Biography. We are going to give you information about Droupadi Murmu’s political career and his personal life in this post. So read the post till the last
Droupadi Murmu Biography
Droupadi Murmu was born on June 20, 1958, in Baidaposi area of Rairangpur from Mayurbhanj district in Odisha, to Biranchi Narayan Tudu. Murmu’s family refers to Santali. Droupadi Murmu is a member of the Indian Political Party BJP, he was made the Governor of Jharkhand State from 2015 to 2021. After this, he has been made the President of India in the year 2022. Droupadi is the second woman after Pratibha Patil, who has been made the President of India.
If we talk about her education, then Murmu is an arts graduate of Rama Devi Women’s College. She was married to Shyam Charan Murmu, who was a banker by profession, but she died in the year 2015. This couple had two sons, but they also died and their daughter’s name is Itishri Murmu.
Droupadi Murmu Biography, Age, Family, Husband, Election & President
|Famous||15th President of India on 21 July 2022|
|Date Of Birth||20 June 1958|
|Birth Place||Mayurbhanj, Odisha|
|Hometown||Baldaposi village, Mayurbhanj, Odisha|
|School||K.B. HS Uparbeda School, Mayurbhanj|
|College||Rama Devi Women’s College, Bhubaneswar, Odisha|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B.A)|
|Caste||Scheduled Tribe (ST)|
|Husband||Shyam Charan Murmu (bank officer)|
|Children||Son – Laxman Murmu (Died in 2009)|
other Died (Died in 2013)
|Daughter||Itishree Murmu (bank worker)|
|Parents||Father– Biranchi Narayan Tudu (farmer)|
|Siblings||Brother– 2 – Bhagat Tudu, Sarani Tudu|
|Hobbies||Knitting and Reading|
|Address||She resides in the village Baldaposi, P.O.-Rairangpur,W.No.-2 District, Mayurbhanj, Odisha.|
|Money Factor & Net Worth||Cash: Rs. 1,80,000|
LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs.1,30,000
Jewellery: Rs. 2,60,000
|Net Worth (2009)||RS. 6,10,000|
Read More – Narendra Modi Biography
Teaching Career & Political Career
Droupadi Murmu is a government teacher by profession, she used to work as a teacher before joining politics. She worked as an assistant professor at the Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research Institute, Rairangpur, and a junior assistant at irrigation department Government of Odisha.
Droupadi Murmu is a tribal leader from Rairangpur in the Mayurbhanj district in Odisha. He joined BJP party in the year 1997 and was elected as the councilor of the Rairangpur Nagar Panchayat.In the year 2000, he was made the chairperson of Rairangpur Nagar Panchayat. she was the Minister of State with Independent Charge for Commerce and Transportation from March 6, 2000, to August 6, 2002, and Fisheries and Animal Resources Development from August 6, 2002, to May 16, 2004.
Draupadi Murmu Meet With Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Governor of Jharkhand
On 18 May 2015, Droupadi Murmu took oath as the Governor of Jharkhand, making her the first woman governor of Jharkhand. The BJP was in power in the Jharkhand Government for most of the six-year tenure as a governor. BJP was in power in the Union Government throughout her tenure. Former BJP leader Ratan Tirkey accused Murmu of not fully committing his power to implement the Panchayats (Extension to Scheduled Areas) Act, 1996, or PESA.
Droupadi Murmu as the President of India
In June 2022, the BJP nominated Murmu as the NDA’s candidate for President of India for the 2022 election the following month. Murmu contested and won the President’s election on 25 July 2022. She will be the first tribal politician and the second woman to be elected president. Murmu defeated Yashwant Sinha, the leader of the opposite party. With this, Draupadi has become the 15th President of the country. She will take the oath of office on the Central Hall of Parliament by the CJI, Mr. NV Raman.
Draupadi Murmu Met her Former President Ramnath Kovind
Facts About Draupadi Murmu
- Droupadi Murmu has been elected as the 15th President of the country on 21 July 2022.
- When Murmu was young, his father and grandfather were made sarpanch of the village.
- Before joining politics Droupadi Murmu was an assistant professor at Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research Centre, Rajgangpur.
- She also worked as a junior assistant at the irrigation department of Odisha from 1979 to 1983
- In 1983, Droupadi left her government job to take care of her children.
- Droupadi was serving as the 9th Governor of Jharkhand State from 2015 to 2021.
Draupadi Murmu as a 9th Governor of Jharkhand
- In the year 2009, he lost his first son due to an accident, and lost his second son in the year 2013. The next year her husband died. After this, his life has been quite a struggle.
- In 2016, Murmu announced that she would donate her eyes after death to the Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital in Ranchi.
- On 21 July 2022, she was elected as the 15th president of India. She secured a majority in the 2022 presidential election defeating opposition candidate Yashwant Sinha with 676,803 electoral votes (64.03% of the total) in 21 of the 28 states.
So, friends, we end Droupadi Murmu Biography, Age, Family, Husband, Election & President & More in this post.
If you like this post then do share it on social media. And if there is any mistake then please contact us.